Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Day at the San Diego Zoo

We walked back to the zoo today and spent the day there. We didn't have a planned schedule today so we started with a tour bus ride and then went to several areas on foot. This is one of the polar bears taken from the bus.

This is a leopard resting in her cage. It took me awhile to figure out how to focus on the animals behind mesh cage screens like this one. My camera kept focusing on the cage and not the animal. I finally figured it out.

Here is a capybara drinking.

And this is a secretary bird. I didn't realize they had such amazing eye lashes.

Here are some of the many Meerkats they have at the zoo. They are just too too cute.

We also so Singing Dogs. They are nocturnal but this one was awake when we happened by.

When we passed the North China Leopard he was eating something feathered that I am sure he was given. He was enjoying his feast and looking very formidable and beautiful.

We also saw this Bateleur Eagle. I really liked his coloring.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment