Thursday, March 19, 2009

Georgia Pacific



The Georgia Pacific site in Bellingham continues to come down in preparation for a new waterfront area of the city. It's still being decided what can be saved and what must go. The photo above shows the two large tanks and one of the large brick buildings that might survive the rehabilitation of the site. The painting above is the third in my series of paintings to commemorate and document the GP site. When I painted it there were piles of rubble in front of the building. Now the ground is bare as you can see in the top photo. I plan to keep painting pictures of this site. The photos of the GP site were taken with my Panasonic G1 and kit lens. I photographed my painting with my Canon 5D and 70-105 lens.

1 comment:

  1. You should let the Port of Bellingham know about your painting project. They are part of the 20+ year project to rehabilitate the GP plant and harbor. Carolyn Casey is the Communications Manager there, tell her I said hello!

    ReplyDelete